Draft Board 2018 (3/27/2018)
1st Round Quick Bites and Mock Draft.
Who will rock the old english “D” on draft day?
MLB Draft 2018 Draft Board
Top Tier – 1st RD
- Ethan Hankins – Electricity for days. Georgia Peach has top-of-the-rotation ceiling. Georgia peaches bloom in Spring and ripe in the fall.
- Matthew Liberatore – The Mountain Ridge backdrop can propel a fledgling romance into full fligth romance. Lefty w/ top-of-the-rotation ceiling.
- Casey Mize – Split is spitfire – it’s a weapon -could get outs at the big-league level right now.
- Brady Singer – delicate luxury….I’m hopping aboard the health wagon here.
- Connor Scott -sun worshiping gold…..farm raised. trust player development -future impact bat
Middle Tier – 1st RD
- Travis Swaggerty – gives you everything you need. Everyday player in middle of field. On base %
- Nick Madrigal – Will be ready to go once he arrives at the doorstep of your complex.
- Logan Gilbert – advanced college arm – inning eater
- Bart – catcher with power? discount double check
- Groshans*- fancy wrist work = smooth trajectory
- Beck – Bending it like Beckkkk is the craze…….SoCal Bird soaring.
- Shane McClanahan – -dirty bull built for late-innings
- Joe Gray Jr. -it’s a real looker for team on the prowl for ceiling –Tori Hunter comp
- Turang – the bat speaks to me in a faint whisper. Can you teach baseball bloodlines new tricks?
- Gorman – built himself a considerable fan base over the summer pageant circuit. Remember Sean Burroughs? swing makes me fidgety at the moment.
- De Sadas – hyped prospect adorned with jewels- reminds me of a future Wilson Betemit
Pitchers (2 or 3 of this group move in top 10 on draft day)
- Rocker – for a team queue up for queso…. throws hard and has some breaking-ball feel. Reliever.
- Stewart – certain teams will chase spin. The Bucs love projectable ptichers w/ spin. ie. Lodolo
- Vasil – cold-weather background – crank up the heat so we can feel our faces, porfa!
- Denaburg – has burst of helium.
- Cecconi – starter profile. delivery is cripsy n clean
- Becker – turkey legs – dreaming on 6’6 frame.
Back End Tier -#20-30 – 1st RD
- Blaine Knight – loose, quick arm. I believe he can throw a behind-the-back pass
- Kowar – erratic, arm is late
- Carranza – Jeff Samardzija comp, inning eater. Looks like he could pitch all day if need be
- Sean Hjelle – worth monitoring
- Mercer – honed his technique while apprenticing at Driveline.
- Rolison – lefty arm
- Tim Cate – Spins it. Ted Lilly comp
- Konnor Pilkington – throws left handed
- Wilcox – for team on the prowl for ceiling
- Winn – lower half reminds of J. Nix. ball explodes late in all directions
- Weathers – lefty body is pillowy soft
- Jenista – gives me a mix of conflicting emotions. TBD
- Eierman – has Ryan Zimmerman load
- McCarthy* – Swing is easy to pick apart – slight adjustment away?
- Larnach – big names in attendance recently….I need more sampling
- Jonathan India – bolstering my confidence -more pop than Madrigal & Hoerner?
- Hoerner * – more pop than Madrigal?
- Bohm* – sleeper with pro reps/instruction
- Tristan Pompey – bloodlines
- Kyle Isbel – inquiring nerd wants to know if every HR will be in the desert air?
- Kelenic -jumped on some kind of swing trend and got Hercules on us…question looseness in swing.
- Banfield* – has juice in bat
- Tristan Casas – Joey Gallo like swing n miss
Mock 1st 10 picks: 3/27/18
- Who will rock the old english D on draft day? We know the Tigers love power arms…Singer? too risk. Hankins? no HS RHP has gone 1. So Mize or Liberatore? Mize has had the best year…… but shell life concerns me. Liberatore would be the face of the franchise in 4 years. Liberatore would be the safe pick.
2. San Fran typically takes arms who would have otherwise been selected much higher, Hankins or Mize? Front office isn’t in tear down mode….if team is winning into June they’ll take Mize and fast track him…..otherwise they are selling and bracing themselves for a Giant rebuild. Hankins.
3. Philly is suddenly in win now mode. Not looking for a developmental project here. Mize or Singer
4. This is where it could get weird. Chisox are cheap in free agency….they’ll be thirsty for a power bat or arm. Gorman or Singer?
5. The Natti needs a power bat: Nolan Gorman
6. There’s comfort in the “Conference of Champions”…but the most ready player here is Login Gilbert or Travis Swaggerty.
7. Easy to end up over-caffeinated chasing Prellerpollaza. Farm depth allows for hunting for ceiling here. Imagine a young core of Gore, Tatis and Conor Scott
8. Habitual hunters for ceiling and late bloomers. Vasil or Denaburg
9. Size doesn’t matter here – Madrigal
10. Bucs love projectable bodies and pitchers who spin it: Stewart or Turang
11. Baltimore you’re on the clock…..